OfSTED Inspection 2006
Letter to Students
17 November 2006
Brooke Weston CTC, Coomb Road, Great Oakley, Corby, Northamptonshire. NN18 8LA
Thank you for making us feel so welcome when we visited Brooke Weston recently.
We enjoyed talking to so many of you about your work and the way in which the college helps you to do so well.
We valued your openness and appreciated your views and opinions.
This letter is to tell you what we found.
- You go to an outstanding college that helps you to achieve extremely well and reach exceptionally high standards.
- You work hard and make excellent progress in your learning because of the challenging teaching you receive.
- Your attitudes are extremely positive, shown particularly in your willingness to take on board the challenges and responsibilities of being key members of the college community.
- You are friendly and polite, showing high levels of concern for others, both in the college and in the wider community, and your behaviour is exemplary.
- The college gives you an outstanding range of opportunities to help you develop as mature young people and prepares you well for your future lives.
- The staff give you high levels of support and guidance to ensure that you get the most out of being in the college.
- The college is outstandingly well led by the principal, senior staff and the governors, who are committed to ensuring that the college continues to improve what it does and provide you with the best possible opportunities to be successful.
The college has many strengths and relatively few areas for improvement.
We have asked the college to do two things to improve the curriculum:
- enhance your cultural development by extending your understanding of some of the issues relating to life in multicultural Britain
- provide a programme of religious education for all students in Years 9 to 11 and in the sixth form.
We hope that you will continue to do your very best to help the college improve even further and wish you every success in the future.
Mrs Joan Greenfield