Acceptable Use Policy Statement
For Staff and Students
Brooke Weston provides information systems for the use of all staff and students on the understanding that:
- The user has read and agreed to abide by this policy.
- The user does not misrepresent him/herself, or attempt to impersonate any other person or entity whilst using the Academy systems.
- The user does not publish libellous material using the Academy systems e.g. Blogs or online journals.
- Brooke Weston reserves the right to suspend access, retain equipment loaned to staff or students and view any data held on its systems whilst investigating a breach of this policy or whilst investigating any other matter in which Brooke Weston has a legitimate interest.
Access to the Academy information systems and user accounts is obtained via a unique username and password.
This is provided to the user by the IT Support team on the understanding that:
- Any password issued to a user becomes his/her responsibility. No password should be shared with other users or third parties.
- Sharing a password may result in suspension of the user's account.
- Using the account of another user will result in immediate suspension of access to the Academy systems and referral to the Senior Management Team.
The only software authorised for use on Brooke Weston information systems are those programs installed on the machinery by the IT Support team or with their express permission.
Any attempt to introduce or install software onto the Academy systems will be viewed as an intention to damage Brooke Weston property and appropriate action will be taken.
- Any user who causes damage, directly or indirectly, to any equipment may be refused the right to further use of the equipment and billed for its repair or replacement.
All users are provided with storage space for their files on the Academy servers referred to as the user's Home Area.
This storage is provided on the understanding that:
- No inappropriate material is stored e.g. pornography or libellous material.
- No material is stored that infringes copyright i.e. illegal copies of any audio or video file or software program.
- No personal information about others is stored without direct reference to the Data Protection Act.
- Brooke Weston reserves the right to withdraw access to files and materials whose ownership is in question whilst an investigation is carried out.
Brooke Weston provides access to the Internet in as unrestricted a manner as possible on the understanding that:
- No user will access websites containing inappropriate content.
- No user will access websites containing online games or instant messenger type services.
- No user will attempt to access online shops or services whose age requirements they do not meet e.g. eBay.
- Brooke Weston reserves the right to filter or restrict access to certain Internet sites.
Electronic mail accounts are provided for everyone at Brooke Weston on the understanding that:
- The content of any mail sent will be appropriate in terms of its language and subject matter regardless of its destination.
- No harmful software will be intentionally transmitted with any message.
- No chain-email messages will be originated by the user or forwarded on from his/her account.
- Brooke Weston reserves the right to suspend access to the mail system for any user.
- Brooke Weston reserves the right to intercept and monitor any message traffic, if it suspects inappropriate content or malpractice.