Hours - 15 hours or 10 hours per week
Salary - Grade 1, Point 1-3 (FTE £17,750)
Close Date - 9th September
We believe that a handful of years spent at Brooke Weston Academy will open up a lifetime of opportunities for children. We believe that these opportunities are created by inspirational people like you.
We want to appoint some Cleaners to start at the Academy as soon as possible. We pride ourselves on the high cleanliness standards across our whole site - one of our core Brooke Weston Trust philosophies is “you walk past the standard you accept” and so we believe it is everyone's responsibility to maintain a clean site, and our cleaning and site tea are integral to building that attitude.
The available working patterns for our cleaning roles are
- 4-6pm (mon-fri) - all year round (£4,797.30)
- 3-6pm (mon-fri) - all year round (£7,195.95)
Brooke Weston Academy is unusual, and exceptional. We are an innovative and ambitious 11-18 secondary Academy set in the heart of Corby. We are committed to supporting and challenging our students to reach their full potential, inside and outside of the classroom. Our school was founded 26 years ago in order to transform the education of young people in the community, and we have. Yes, we are outstanding, driven by the needs of our students and our core values. We are never complacent and always restless to improve. Our Academy was born out of the need for change, to be different and innovative; we were designed to be a laboratory of learning in an educational area of disadvantage. We are valued within our community with almost 1000 students applying for the 180 places in year 7 this year. We are proud to be a high performing state comprehensive with a traditional curriculum but one which also highly values the arts, drama, sport and dance.
Proud to be a part of The Brooke Weston Trust
The Brooke Weston Trust is a family of primary and secondary schools in Northamptonshire and Cambridgeshire. Our aim is quite simple; to provide high quality education and learning opportunities across our schools and to ensure that every child, no matter their background or starting point, leaves us with the necessary qualifications, skills and self-belief to fulfil their potential.
We have five simple, yet effective core values that underpin all our work:
- Ambition for All
- High Expectations
- Excellent Teaching and Support
- Working Together
- Contributing to Society
Therefore, we are committed to transforming schools within our Trust, to providing students with the ‘tickets for life’ for further education, employment or other destinations beyond school.
We are proud to educate more than 7,000 students and employ more than 1,000 staff. We have a growing reputation, both within the communities in which we operate, but also at a national level where the Brooke Weston Trust is seen as a ‘can-do’ organisation, taking on the challenge and responsibility of making a difference in some of the country’s more challenging areas.
We are equally as ambitious for our staff and promote a strong culture of professional collaboration and continuous improvement.
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our Academy is:
- Warm, welcoming and inclusive thanks to an incredibly talented team of staff
- A place that lives and breathes its values, with students at the heart of every decision
- A school where students love learning, want to learn and are deeply curious about their subjects: behaviour in our school is exceptional
- Committed to creative and bespoke professional learning for all staff
- An immaculate and professional environment with state of the art facilities, set in a large campus surrounded by beautiful landscape
- A high energy and rewarding place to work
- Highly successful: results in all Key Stages are exceptional and we are incredibly proud of the success we have with our disadvantaged and SEND students.
- Our Academy is in the top 5% of schools nationally for progress and subjects are consistently significantly above the national average
In addition to a fantastic learning environment we offer the following employee benefits:
- A dynamic and supportive staff body led by a highly experienced leadership team
- A focus on bespoke professional learning with opportunities to participate and lead Teaching School activities
- Variety of salary sacrifice schemes
How to apply
Applications may be submitted in writing addressed to the Associate Principal or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.