Remote Learning at Brooke Weston Academy
Remote lessons on Microsoft Teams
- Students will be following be their timetable, but may have a different teacher at times from within that subject area. Lessons will take place at their usual times as in school. Teachers will take a register every lesson and the school’s expectations of attendance remain the same regardless of how students are accessing learning.
- Lessons will last 45 minutes, beginning at the normal time and staff will be available to contact on individual chat or email for the remainder of the lesson time.
- Students will be able to access each live online lesson by clicking on the Meeting link in their TEAMs Calendar. Other work will also be posted to their Class Teams.
- Students will be greeted by the teacher at the start of the lesson using live audio or “chat.” Students must use audio function, not the video function.
- The lesson will start with a recap, a reminder of prior learning and set the context for the lesson. During the recap the teacher may target questions where students are unmuted or are requested to type their answers.
- Teachers will not be delivering lectures and parents may find their children working offline in the course of a lesson and then logging back in to submit work or to receive feedback. In general, live teaching is more effective when it is concentrated on teachers explaining topics, modelling how to approach learning tasks or giving feedback on completed tasks.
- The explanation for the lesson will predominantly be live, some sections may be pre-recorded by the teacher.
- Students will be given practice time of 15 minutes after a 45-minute lesson, where staff are able to answer questions via the chat function.
- At the end of the lesson the teacher will remind students of any requirement to submit work, along with the method and deadline for doing so, they will look ahead to the next lesson and perhaps set some optional extension activities.
- If students do not submit work to the deadline, the teacher will be in touch via email in the first instance.
- Students will be expected to follow our behaviour policy. Students who do not meet our expectations in live lessons will have their teams chat functions disabled
- Assemblies will be posted into teams each week.
Student Home Learning - Microsoft Teams
As a Trust we are using Microsoft Teams to ensure that all students can continue working at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. For information on this and links to student resources see the links below:
You need to log into your year group using your BWA email and password.
If you are experiencing issues with Teams or Office 365 please contact:
Please note: IT support cannot resolve issues with hardware or Internet at home.
If you have any questions regarding the curriculum, subjects or work, please contact your teacher in the first instance via email or Teams. However they may be unavailable, so in this instance please contact: CurriculumSupport@brookeweston.org.
Please note: Curriculum support will be unable to answer subject specific questions.