Unifrog and Helping Your Child
How can I help my child with their career plans?
- Talk about likes and dislikes with your child, and discuss how those preferences might relate to career choices.
- Research with your child the areas they can go into, and most importantly how they might get there.
- Help them to explore the possible employers, apprenticeship providers and further education courses available in your local area. You should be able to find lots of useful information on these things on the web site of your local council. Keep an eye out for things like open days (at colleges and training organisations) and careers fairs held locally.
- Encourage them to participate in out of school activities. These are valuable in themselves and will help greatly later on in giving a good impression to people like employers or course tutors.
- Encourage your child to seek advice when necessary from Mrs Scott, Brooke Weston’s careers advisor.
- Encourage them to prepare properly for this discussion.
How can I use Unifrog to help my child or students with their career plans?
- All Brooke Weston students & teachers have received invitations via email to set up personal Unifrog accounts.
- Unifrog provides 24/7 access to the online platform which is accessible on any mobile device either at home or at school.
- Unifrog is a one-stop-shop where students (alongside their parents) can easily explore and seek free impartial, accurate and up to date information regarding Sixth Form, HE/FE and apprenticeship opportunities.
- Unifrog enables students to not only research universities in the UK, but also in US, Canada, Europe and Asia. The site also gives specific advice on applying for Oxbridge universities.
- Apprenticeship opportunities are updated every 24 hours and can be filtered by location, pathway or type
- Unifrog also offers the opportunity for KS4 students to compare the Brooke Weston Sixth Form provision alongside other sixth form and college providers
- Sixth Form students will use Unifrog to compose their future CV’s, Resume and Personal Statements.
For further information refer to the documents below.