Brooke Weston Academy opened in 1991 with the aim of providing ‘a stimulating learning environment which maximises individual potential’. This aim has not changed and at Brooke Weston Academy, we believe that we provide a unique educational experience.
Our vision is to be a national pioneer of educational excellence, creating ambitious, successful and responsible young adults equipped for the rapidly changing world.
Our mission is to inspire every student with a unique and outstanding educational experience whilst building confident, socially and morally astute individuals ready to embrace life beyond school; to be an employer of choice through growing talent and developing exceptional staff through a model of continued professional development and our Teaching School Alliance.
Our shared mission is of an Academy that provides a stimulating learning experience which places learning and teaching at the heart of everything we do. Where the focus is on securing the very best academic progress and personal development for every student. An Academy where we all care enough to challenge and where we are driven to securing the best outcomes for all.
Our Values, Ethos and Culture
Brooke Weston Academy is different because of its ethos, which centres on mutual respect, hard work and results in a calm and productive atmosphere. Everyone is expected to respect each other and the school equipment. Teachers and students work towards a common aim. Teachers do not have a staff room that separates them from the students, but work in the study areas and classrooms.
Sixth Form students do not have a common room. Classrooms are not locked and facilities, such as computers, are available for students to use before, during and after the formal school day. Students are expected to treat the facilities with care, and the trust that is placed in them is well founded.
As a National Support School under the National Leaders In Education scheme, as well as the lead school of one of the first Teaching School Alliances in the country, we are committed to ensuring the highest standards in all that we do.
We are determined that a handful of years spent at Brooke Weston Academy will open the door to a lifetime of achievement and opportunity for both its students and staff.
This is through:
- A relentless pursuit of excellence
- Being ambassadors of aspiration, excellence and resilience
- Ensuring everyone shares the highest expectations and absolute belief that, given the right conditions to flourish, all can and will go on to do so
- Providing a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum which inspires, challenges, engages and develops a full range of skills and abilities
- Encouraging students to take ownership, pride and responsibility for their own learning
- Devising flexible, differentiated and responsive routes through the curriculum
- Equipping students with the skills, knowledge, attitudes and resilience necessary to succeed as individuals and as responsible and valued members of society, in a world coping with increasing change
- Ensuring that students and staff are safe and secure and operate within a mutually supportive and respectful environment
- Allowing students to discover that they are capable of more than even they themselves thought possible and believing that success can be for everyone
- Developing close links with the community, particularly parents and local employers